But daydreaming isn’t a luxury. Its a gift, an exploration – a respite.
Daydreaming also has many benefits.
- It can improve your creativity. And by improving creativity your problem solving abilities are exercised.
- It can lower blood pressure – it works as a form of hypnosis; lowering stress levels.
- It can boost the mood with thoughts; working in a process of visualization.
- It relieves boredom and is a form of escapism.
- It can improve social relationships with others by allowing abstract thinking – or ‘what if’ scenarios; causing a more empathetic state of mind.
And for daydreaming to have the most beneficial effect…pay attention – maintain enough awareness while you are daydreaming so that you can take advantage of the creative insight.
So… slow down, relax your mind and enjoy the journey through your imagination!